Recently my wonderful husband sent me an email with information he found regarding family values and the healthy family. I found this very affirming and want to share. Sorry, I don’t know the name of the research paper, so I’m not intentionally leaving out credit. If anyone knows, please pass it on.
Hey I was reading something and I thought I would pass it on.
A research paper was done on healthy family values.
This was taken from over 500 family’s.
This was the findings.
The healthy family…
- Communicates and listens.
- Affirms and supports one another.
- Teaches respect for others.
- Develops a sense of trust.
- Has a sense of play and humor.
- Exhibits a sense of shared responsibility.
- Teaches a sense of right and wrong.
- Has a strong sense of family in which rituals and traditions abound.
- Has a balance of interaction among members.
- Has a shared religious core.
- Respects the privacy of one another.
- Values service to others.
- Fosters family table time and conversation.
- Shares leisure time.
- Admits to and seeks help with problems.